Finding and chaniging registered clocksources

From: Ioannis Kyriakopoulos
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 08:39:04 EST

Hi all,

I have some questions regarding clocksource and I will really appreciate it
if someone is willing to help me.

I know how to force the kernel to use a specific clocksource for driving the
scheduler and verify that this clocksource is used.

However, I don't know how to found out what clocksource Linux has assigned
for other activities apart from the one mentioned (e.g. for timekeeping) and
how to change it, if possible.

For example, I want to find out which clocksource getnstimeofday() is using.
It could be also useful if there is a way to see all the registered
clocksources in the system.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. please cc me.