Re: PATCH: Toshiba Bluetooth enabler (v3)

From: Jes Sorensen
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 05:51:09 EST

On 12/10/09 18:00, Alan Jenkins wrote:
I did question "depends on RFKILL". If you manually configure a
kernel, you will miss "If you have a modern Toshiba laptop with a
Bluetooth and an RFKill switch (such as the Portege R500), say Y."
unless you enable RFKILL first. (Which is unnecessary since the
driver will work exactly the same with RFKILL=n). I wouldn't call it
a strong objection, but it would be nice to hear the reason you
included this dependency.

Everything else looks fine. Thanks for working on this.
Alan

The driver is acting as RFKill functionality, even if it doesn't
provide it in full. We can pull that depend if you like, however
I still think it's awkward to offer a driver for a functionality
the user had previously said no to.

Cheers,
Jes