Re: phoronix test, openssl bad performance

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 05:14:47 EST

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:44:55AM +0100, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> On 12/10/2009 11:03 PM, Andi Kleen wrote:
>
> > You should probably report that to Fedora through their bugzilla,
> > it's unlikely to be a linux kernel problem.
>
> I got *same* results with Fedora kernel as with a _clean_ 2.6.32-kernel.org
> Not a Fedora-kernel problem!

What I meant is that the kernel should not normally affect SSL performance.
OpenSSL (or whatever SSL package is used) is all user-space. So it needs
to be looked at whoever maintains the SSL libraries first.

linux-kernel is really only for kernel problems.

-Andi

--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.