Re: [git pull] drm

From: Maarten Maathuis
Date: Thu Dec 10 2009 - 12:41:04 EST

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Xavier Bestel wrote:
>>
>> Last time they were asked that, they wanted to be free of changing their
>> kernel/userspace interface before upstreaming.
>
> I've heard all the excuses. If it isn't ready, they shouldn't ship it to
> millions of people. And if it's ready, they should work on merging it.

You assume that Red Hat has full control over the project, which i
don't think is the case. The reason it isn't in staging yet (as far as
i know) is because of some questions over the copyright of some
(essential) microcode. Either the question needs to be answered, or it
has to be reverse engineered to the point that it's possible to
generate it.