kernel memory allocation limit

From: Jacob Avraham
Date: Thu Dec 10 2009 - 11:15:14 EST

Hi,

I'm trying to allocation in my module a bunch of contiguous memory segments using __get_free_pages(), 128k at a time, from the NORMAL zone on a x86-64 machine with 24G ram. Kernel is 2.6.18 from CentOS5.3. I ran into a hard limit of 2G.
Where is this limitation coming from and is it changeable?

Thanks,
Jacob Avraham