Re: [BISECTED] drm: random hang since 620f378 "drm: prune modes when ..."

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Tue Dec 08 2009 - 18:08:07 EST

On Tuesday 08 December 2009, Dave Airlie wrote:

> > Sorry for blaming the wrong patch, especially if it already caused a lot
> > of work. I'll try blaming ec2a4c3fdc8 "drm/i915: get the bridge device
> > once" now, that is the next-best candidate that my bisection pointed to,
> > but I'll do more rigorous testing.

It just crashed again with both 620f378 and ec2a4c3fdc8 reverted as well,
after about an hour of uptime.

> Btw is this just a laptop with no monitor plugged in?
>
> just want to rule out the patch you mentioned for any sort of memory
> corruption.

It's a desktop machine with three outputs, Asus P5Q-EM mainboard.
VGA is not connected at all, DVI has an open-ended cable on it, i.e. no
screen on it. HDMI is connected through a cheap passive HDMI multiswitch
to the DVI-D input of a Lenovo screen.

Arnd