Re: [GIT PULL] PM updates for 2.6.33

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Sun Dec 06 2009 - 17:55:34 EST

On Dec 6, 2009, at 12:18 PM, Arjan van de Ven <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 11:58:44 -0800 (PST)
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

in suspend, there's a PCI device (:1b) that does take some time,
which is the audio controller. The bulk of the time is in the serio
driver though..

That serio thing is disgusting. We had serious problems with the
serial driver timeouts for boot-time optimizations too, didn't we?

isn't serio the PS/2 stuff?

Yes, that's your PS/2 mouse (rather touchpad) and the delay comes from device reset (needed by some keyboard controllers - I remember HP -or it and keyboard will be dead at resume).

--
Dmitry