Re: [tip:perf/core] perf probe: Add --list option for listingcurrent probe events

From: Frederic Weisbecker
Date: Wed Dec 02 2009 - 01:07:03 EST

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 01:35:39PM +0800, Wang Liming wrote:
> Yes, my glibc is old so that "perf" can't be built. I'm using ubuntu 8.04.
>
> Thanks a lot.

What is your glibc version?
%m appears to be supported since 2.7

But if possible we would like perf to be buildable on most
boxes. May be should we use %a instead there.

odd gcc versions will whine because of the confusion with the %a for
floating point things but that can be worked around with (float *) casts (sigh).
Well, since we also have strict aliasing checks, we'll actually need:

scanf("%a", (float *)(void *)str);

We do that in util/trace-event-parse.c