Re: [GIT PULL for 2.6.32] V4L/DVB updates

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab
Date: Mon Nov 30 2009 - 09:28:44 EST

Em Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:03:32 -0200
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Em Sat, 28 Nov 2009 03:57:58 +0100
> Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
>
> > On Friday 27 November 2009 22:40:01 Stefan Lippers-Hollmann wrote:
> > > Hi

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Please consider cherry picking the following two patches from Hans
> > > Verkuil [1]:
> > > - add the missing s2250-loader.h

I'm not finding the above patch. I remember I got one patch at the go7007
conversion series to V4L2 that were removing this patch that didn't exist
upstream. I had to manually fix the patch to apply at my linux-next tree.

The patches I actually merged from hans v4l-dvb-staging (after the tree rebase)
were:

changeset: 13455:0eb2e476ac2a
parent: 13372:8bff7e6c44d4
user: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx>
date: Mon Nov 16 19:07:42 2009 +0100
summary: go7007: Add struct v4l2_device.

changeset: 13456:f6f0c5647657
user: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx>
date: Mon Nov 16 19:13:51 2009 +0100
summary: s2250: Change module structure

changeset: 13457:701aead61759
user: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx>
date: Mon Nov 16 19:15:07 2009 +0100
summary: s2250: subdev conversion

changeset: 13458:2ca6a9dc112b
user: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx>
date: Mon Nov 16 19:16:00 2009 +0100
summary: go7007: subdev conversion

changeset: 13459:28dc36f9dfdc
parent: 13454:0ba581813fde
parent: 13458:2ca6a9dc112b
user: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx>
date: Tue Nov 24 14:45:53 2009 -0200
summary: merge: http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-staging

Unfortunately, the original tree were already removed.

I suspect that hans didn't merge that patch on the latest version of
v4l-dvb-stating tree.

> > > - s2250 mutex patch

This one were merged on my tree:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/8bff7e6c44d4

However, I suspect that just applying it won't solve the compilation breakage.

> > Good catch. Mauro, can you please add these two as well for 2.6.32? I'm sure
> > I marked these two as high-prio patches. This staging driver is actively
> > being used and developed so this regression should be fixed.
>
> There were a merge problem when applying those patches at -git. As this is a
> staging driver, I opted to just move all patches to linux-next, as there were
> no mention on the patch subject mentioned that they are, in fact, fixes.
>
> I'll see what can we do to solve the s2250 compilation breakage.
>
> As Linus didn't merge from this pull request yet, I'll work on a fix, based
> on one of the Stefan suggestions, preferably backporting the patches.

Cheers,
Mauro