Re: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?

From: Jon Smirl
Date: Sat Nov 28 2009 - 17:18:44 EST

I'm looking at a Sony multi-function remote right now. It has five
devices and forty keys. Each of the five devices can transmit 0-9,
power, volume, etc. It transmits 5*40 = 200 unique scancodes.

I want the five devices to correspond to five apps. What's the plan
for splitting those 200 scancodes into the five apps?

I did it by creating five evdev devices each mapping 40 scancodes.
That's lets me reuse KP_1 for each of the five apps.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxx