Re: [GIT PULL for 2.6.32] V4L/DVB updates

From: Mike Isely
Date: Sat Nov 28 2009 - 15:38:46 EST

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009, Hans Verkuil wrote:

> On Friday 27 November 2009 22:40:01 Stefan Lippers-Hollmann wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Friday 27 November 2009, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > > Hi Linus,
> > >
> > > Please pull from:
> > > ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab/linux-2.6.git for_linus
> > >
> > > For the following drivers and building fixes:
> > >
> > > - radio-gemtek-pci: fix double mutex_lock
> > > - v4l: add more missing linux/sched.h includes
> > > - soc-camera: properly initialise the device object when reusing
> > > - soc-camera: sh_mobile_ceu_camera: call pm_runtime_disable
> > > - em28xx: fix Reddo DVB-C USB TV Box GPIO
> > > - davinci: remove stray duplicate config pointer
> > > - SMS_SIANO_MDTV should depend on HAS_DMA
> > > - cxusb: Fix hang on DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4 (rev 1)
> > > - sh_mobile_ceu_camera: fix compile warning
> > > - Fix wrong parameter order in memset
> > [...]
> >
> > Please consider cherry picking the following two patches from Hans
> > Verkuil [1]:
> > - add the missing s2250-loader.h
> > - s2250 mutex patch
>
> Good catch. Mauro, can you please add these two as well for 2.6.32? I'm sure
> I marked these two as high-prio patches. This staging driver is actively
> being used and developed so this regression should be fixed.

Mauro:

I had also posted up two high priority pvrusb2 patches that should
really be cherry-picked for 2.6.32. You've already pulled them into
v4l/dvb and I did mark them as high priority at the time.

These patches enable use of FX2 microcontroller firmware that is 16KB in
size. Hauppauge is no longer shipping 8KB firmware for HVR-1950 and
HVR-1900 and without these changes then those devices won't work AT ALL
in kernel 2.6.32.

You can find these within the v4l-dvb Mercurial repository here:

Changeset 13495:87c3853fe2b3
Subject: pvrusb2: Support 16KB FX2 firmware
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/87c3853fe2b3

Changeset 13500:d4c418d4b25c
Subject: pvrusb2: Fix lingering 16KB FX2 Firmware issues
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/d4c418d4b25c

I do not believe these patches have any ordering dependencies with other
patches, though between the two the second one technically should come
after the first.

Thanks,

-Mike

--