Re: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernelIR system?

From: Simon Kenyon
Date: Sat Nov 28 2009 - 04:34:15 EST

Christoph Bartelmus wrote:
> A user friendly GUI tool to configure the mapping of the remote buttons is
> essential for good user experience. I hope noone here considers that users
> learn command line or bash to configure their remotes.

oh please no
the major, major problem with bluetooth is that there is *only* a gui
the core system should use the command line and then a gui (or guis) can follow

> Nobody is manually writing lircd.conf files. Of course you don't want the
> user to know anything about the technical details unless you really want
> to get your hands dirty.

speak for yourself

> If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

i have been hacking lirc for *so many years* because i needed two separate serial inputs. so that is most assuredly broken