Re: ext4: smp_processor_id() in preemptible

From: Tim Blechmann
Date: Fri Nov 27 2009 - 05:32:57 EST

> I have similar crash, but probably different cause-vector, posted on this list, fedora bugzilla, rt-users but no response so far from anyone. Did you find any work around? I tried looking at smp code for hints on problem it looks like in my case it could be trying to reschedule work on different CPU at time of crash. However, I admit that I could be way, way off on that cause. In my case, if I hammer my network interface with packets while another app is reading packets, my host locks up and clients are reporting dest unreachables.
>
> I don't think I have the problem in non-rt kernel. Have you tried booting without smp support?

i haven't tried to reproduce it since then ... it occurred, when i was
doing some heavy io tasks ...

tim

--
tim@xxxxxxxxxx
http://tim.klingt.org

Nothing exists until or unless it is observed. An artist is making
something exist by observing it. And his hope for other people is that
they will also make it exist by observing it. I call it 'creative
observation.' Creative viewing.
William S. Burroughs