Re: problem with codec discovery on HP 2530p

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Thu Nov 12 2009 - 01:47:21 EST

At Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:48:03 -0500,
Bdale Garbee wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 07:36 +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > But, single_cmd=1 is obviously not good. This options is just for
> > debugging purpose. That's why that commit hits.
>
> Ok, thanks, that fixed it.
>
> I wasn't aware that I'd done something to set that option, but indeed I
> had. Perhaps it fixed a problem in some earlier kernel revision... I
> really do not recall!

Good to hear now it's fixed.

I guess that the latest Linus tree would work now even with
single_cmd=1 option since a fix patch was merged. But, single_cmd
isn't really for normal purpose, so avoid it as much as possible.

BTW, with your laptop, which option is more suitable, model=laptop or
model=mobile?
I'm going to add a quirk entry for your device, but I need to know
which model is most appropriate.

thanks,

Takashi