Re: i686 quirk for AMD Geode

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sun Nov 08 2009 - 15:07:29 EST

> > Better to be sure that a NOPL whouldn't SIGILL your program, isn't
> > it?
>
> SIGILL is easier to debug than NOPL mysteriously taking 100x time it
> should, sorry.

And a working 686 distribution is a great deal more useful to end users,
who outnumber you by a few million to one. It's a very sensible patch, or
perhaps you'd prefer we didn't say. And you forget the user "debug" for
a Geode + i686 without this will be "it hangs when I try and boot the
install CD"

It would probably also be worth having cmov fixups for the VIA C3 as well.

Alan