Re: Intermittent early panic in try_to_wake_up

From: Kevin Winchester
Date: Sat Nov 07 2009 - 11:21:21 EST

Mike Galbraith wrote:
On Fri, 2009-11-06 at 19:49 -0400, Kevin Winchester wrote:

The patch below does not apply to mainline, unless I'm doing something wrong.
It's against -tip, I assume? Is it just as applicable to mainline?

It was mainline, but I had the scheduler pull request and another in for
testing as well. Linus has pulled, so it'll apply now, with offsets.

It did end up applying, but did not have any effect. Looking at the patch
again, I see that it appears to only affect CONFIG_SMP, which I am not
running (and in fact it adds a build warning for the !SMP case). So there
was not much chance of it fixing anything, I suppose.

Any other ideas? I don't have a serial console, and the trace scrolls off
my console, so I don't know if any debug printks would help. Would it help
if I copied the entire panic message entirely, including the Code section?
I can try that the next time it happens.

--
Kevin