[RFC, PATCH 0/7] net, compat_ioctl: move handlers to net/socket.c

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Fri Nov 06 2009 - 13:10:29 EST

This cleans up some of the socket ioctl handling by moving it
from fs/compat_ioctl.c to net/socket.c. The code is still untested,
so this is an RFC for now. If you're happy with it, I'll do some
testing to see if everything still works.

This series is a prerequisite for cleaning up the rest of
compat_ioctl.c, saving some 30kb of kernel memory in the end.

The first four patches are probably worthwhile independently,
because they fix some bugs in compat_ioctl handling.
There is some obvious conflict with the ATM patch I sent
independently today. That one should probably be worked out
first.

Arnd <><

---

Arnd Bergmann (7):
compat: add struct compat_ifreq etc to compat.h
net/tun: handle compat_ioctl directly
net, compat_ioctl: handle socket ioctl abuses in tty drivers
appletalk: handle SIOCATALKDIFADDR compat ioctl
copy socket ioctl code to net/socket.h
compat: move sockios handling to net/socket.c
net, compat_ioctl: handle more ioctls correctly

drivers/net/hamradio/6pack.c | 16 +
drivers/net/hamradio/mkiss.c | 16 +
drivers/net/slip.c | 21 ++
drivers/net/tun.c | 55 +++-