Re: netconsole: tulip: possible remote DoS? due to kernel freezeon heavy RX traffic after Order-1 allocation failure

From: Tobias Diedrich
Date: Fri Nov 06 2009 - 00:50:10 EST

Tobias Diedrich wrote:
> Matt Mackall wrote:
> > Running out of order-1 buffers hasn't been a problem for most people
> > lately though - is there anything interesting about your workload? Lots
> > of threads? NFS? Long network processing latencies?

BTW I think that the allocator bug in 2.6.31 is responsible for me
seeing these allocation failures, since I never had problems with
older kernels.
http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/10/22/128

However since I can reproduce it even on 2.6.30 (and presumably even
older kernels) with enough memory pressure and it causes the kernel
to hang with netconsole enabled (see my other followup, it seems to be
fine without netconsole) I think this should be fixed to not
hang the kernel.

--
Tobias PGP: http://8ef7ddba.uguu.de