[GIT PULL v5] hw-breakpoints: Rewrite on top of perf events v5

From: Frederic Weisbecker
Date: Thu Nov 05 2009 - 21:29:23 EST

Ingo,

Please pull the tracing/hw-breakpoints branch that can be found at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/random-tracing.git
tracing/hw-breakpoints

Changes in v5:

- Split-up the asm-generic/hw-breakpoint.h moving to
linux/hw_breakpoint.h into a separate patch (Suggested by Prasad)
- Optimize the breakpoints restoring while switching from kvm guest
to host. We only want to restore the state if we have active
breakpoints to the host, otherwise we don't care about messed-up
address registers (Suggested by Jan Kizka)
- Add asm/hw_breakpoint.h to Kbuild
- Fix bad breakpoint type in trace_selftest.c
- Fix unreleased non-pinned task-bound-only counters. We only released
it in the first cpu. (Thanks to Paul Mackerras for reporting that)

Thanks,
Frederic
---

Frederic Weisbecker (4):
perf/core: Add a callback to perf events
hw-breakpoint: Move asm-generic/hw_breakpoint.h to linux/hw_breakpoint.h
hw-breakpoints: Rewrite the hw-breakpoints layer on top of perf events
hw-breakpoints: Arbitrate access to pmu following registers constraints

Arjan van de Ven (1):
perf/core: Provide a kernel-internal interface to get to performance counters

Li Zefan (1):
ksym_tracer: Remove KSYM_SELFTEST_ENTRY

Paul Mundt (1):
x86/hw-breakpoints: Actually flush thread breakpoints in flush_thread().

arch/Kconfig | 3 +
arch/x86/include/asm/Kbuild | 1 +
arch/x86/include/asm/debugreg.h | 11 +-
arch/x86/include/asm/hw_breakpoint.h | 58 +++--
arch/x86/include/asm/processor.h | 12 +-
arch/x86/kernel/hw_breakpoint.c | 391 ++++++++++++++--------
arch/x86/kernel/process.c | 9 +-
arch/x86/kernel/process_32.c | 26 +--
arch/x86/kernel/process_64.c | 26 +--
arch/x86/kernel/ptrace.c | 182 +++++++----
arch/x86/kernel/smpboot.c | 3 -
arch/x86/kvm/x86.c | 18 +-
arch/x86/power/cpu.c | 6 -
include/asm-generic/hw_breakpoint.h | 139 --------
include/linux/hw_breakpoint.h | 131 ++++++++
include/linux/perf_event.h | 37 ++-
kernel/exit.c | 5 +
kernel/hw_breakpoint.c | 602 +++++++++++++++++++++-------------
kernel/perf_event.c | 136 ++++++++-