Re: cc1plus invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x280da, order=0, oom_adj=0

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Wed Nov 04 2009 - 01:44:02 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:29:29 -0800 Justin Mattock<justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
I'm not sure how to handle this,
while compiling firefox-3.6b1.source
I get this with the default compiling options,
as well as custom:

active_anon:2360492kB inactive_anon:590196kB active_file:84kB

2.8GB of anonymous memory

figured it would be good enough
(I think I have 4gig's total)
[ 532.942508] Free swap = 0kB
[ 532.942510] Total swap = 431632kB

430MB of swap, all used up.

yep, narrow down to the smallest amount.
That's a genuine OOM. Something (presumably cc1plus) has consumed
waaaay too much memory, quite possibly leaked it.

It would help if the oom-killer were to print some information about
the oom-killed process's memory footprint.

I still have everything setup(if you need me to add a debug patch
let me know)
as for compiling: libc compiled fine, kernel fine,
and every package on the clfs list up to boot up the fresh system.
(was figuring out how to compiling/install firefox before
I threw the old system away).

stable gcc(4.4*) on the macbook(same os/kernel) compiled fine
firefox, xulrunner, and in the process thunderbird...

Justin P. Mattock