Re: Help needed, Re: [Bug #14334] pcmcia suspend regression from2.6.31.1 to 2.6.31.2 - Dell Inspiron 600m

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Mon Nov 02 2009 - 17:23:04 EST

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 14:39 +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> > That socket _is_ going to be suspended, and testing for it here just seems
> > to confuse things.
> >
> > So I'd remove it from both early_resume and late_resume, and only keep it
> > in the case of the legacy user-requested suspend/resume (do we even do
> > that any more?).
>
> OK, updated patch is appended.

Test by me delayed to tomorrow ... hit another suspend/resume bug on
that laptop which took away the time I had to do that test yesterday and
today I'm off :-)

(Bug was simple but took a while to track down: machine was left in
storage for a while, battery ran out, RTC went back to Jan 1, 1904,
which means a negative xtime, and the new timekeeping code will do
horrible things including hanging at resume when that happens. Fix is to
make powerpc read_persistent_clock() to ignore the RTC when it contains
a date older than epoch).

Cheers,
Ben.