Re: PANIC: early exception 08 rip 246:10 error ffffffff810251b5 cr2 0

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Mon Oct 26 2009 - 16:29:46 EST

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:34:20 PDT, Justin Mattock said:

> I can't seem to locate a right mailing list
> for ieee1394 for Linux. Anyways here is a
> url to flickr which has the image of the PANIC:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44066293@N08/4046711653/
> (hopefully you don't need to sign up to view)
>
> As for the problem, interesting thing here is if I add
> a printk to:
>
> if ((class == 0xffffffff))
> printk(KERN_BUG "init_ohci1394_dma: finished initializing OHCI DMA\n");
> continue; /* No device at this func */
>
> the system will boot-up, and the PANIC will not occur.

Note that just sticking a printk in there without a { } pair enclosing
the printk and continue will change the semantics drastically - if the
conditional is true, it will do the printk instead of continuing. And
possibly more important, the continue just became unconditional.

What *exactly* does your code look like now?