Re: Relicensing tracepoints and markers to Dual LGPL v2.1/GPL v2,headers to Dual BSD/GPL

From: GeunSik Lim
Date: Mon Oct 26 2009 - 01:03:24 EST

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Zhaolei <zhaolei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * From: "Wu Fengguang" <fengguang.wu@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Relicensing tracepoints and markers to Dual LGPL v2.1/GPL v2,headers to Dual BSD/GPL

>>> I don't think I have enough significant changes in there to actually
>>> require my approval for relicensing, but since you ask; I personally
>>> do not have a problem with that file being Dual LGPL v2.1/GPL v2
>>> licensed.
>>
>> Me too.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Fengguang
>
> Me too.
>
> Thanks,
> Zhaolei

Sorry for the late reply. Why do we need a different license to GPLV2
sources that contributors submitted.? As Mathieu mentioned, I think
that GPLV2 based some sources needs to be relicense to trace
non-GPL applications
for some developers and some companies.

In real, Some open source like QT, MySQL is licensed using dual
license for business strategy. tracepoint.c/marker.c file is GPLv2
currently.

Can we re-distribute with dual license (e.g: bsd/gplv2 or lgpl
2.1/gplv2) about some source of linux kernel source? I think that
linux kernel source is GPLv2 only. Frankly speaking, I am not know
exactly about legal issues of your questions.

Thanks,

--
Regards,
GeunSik Lim ( Samsung Electronics )