symlinks with permissions

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sun Oct 25 2009 - 15:12:14 EST

...yes, they do exist, in /proc/self/fd/* . Unfortunately, their
permissions are not actually checked during open, resulting in
(obscure) security hole: if you have fd open for reading, you can
reopen it for write, even through unix permissions would not allow
that.

Now... I'd like to close the hole. One way would be to actually check
symlink permissions on open -- because those symlinks already have
correct permissions.

But ... then I got lost in vfs. Can someone help? Is there better way?

Pavel