udev in kernel source?

From: Martin Steigerwald
Date: Sun Oct 25 2009 - 13:42:59 EST

Hi!

Would that qualify as a reason to put it there and have make-kpkg / make
deb / make rpm spit out a udev package as well?

shambhala:/var/log> grep -i deprecated syslog | grep udev
Oct 25 09:41:22 shambhala udevd[21078]: udev: missing sysfs features;
please update the kernel or disable the kernel's CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED
option; udev may fail to work correctly
Oct 25 09:41:37 shambhala kernel: <3>udev: missing sysfs features; please
update the kernel or disable the kernel's CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED option;
udev may fail to work correctly
Oct 25 13:35:10 shambhala kernel: <3>udev: missing sysfs features; please
update the kernel or disable the kernel's CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED option;
udev may fail to work correctly

It seems that nothing critical is not working, but I only found this by
closely watching the boot process at all.

Granted, for a long time I did not see any udev/kernel version mismatch or
configuration option mismatch issues, but back in udev early days I were
hit several times by those annoyances.

Ironically I was about to disable CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED when it was
introduced, but then HAL didn't work.

There should be an easy way to figure out whether kernel and deeply related
userspace tools are matching each other.

Ciao,