scheduling tasklets on remote cpu

From: T D
Date: Fri Oct 23 2009 - 19:35:22 EST

Hello!

[This is my first post to LKML. If this isn't the right list for my
questions, can someone pl. point me to an appropriate list? Thanks.]

I've couple of questions wrt tasklets on an SMP system and the 2.6.30
kernel and would appreciate some clarifications.

1. When a top half schedules a tasklet to take care of deferred
processing, is it possible to schedule the tasklet to run on a
different cpu (than the one that handled the top half)? I looked up
softirq.c and don't see any such api for tasklets, although there is
one for softirq's.

2. Also, would there be any issues with a simple api that took the
specified tasklet from one CPU's tasklet queue/vector and moved it to
another CPU's queue?

Thanks!