Re: 2.6.31.4: USB/UPS connectivity issue on Intel DP55KG Motherboard[DEBUG logs included upsd/upsmon/usbhid-ups]

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Mon Oct 19 2009 - 11:12:40 EST

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009, Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009, Alan Stern wrote:

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009, Justin Piszcz wrote:

I have performed all of the steps you recommended, there is also a bug in
the docs, the directory seems to be different, or at least if you have
everything compiled into the kernel and not using modules.

Steps from the USB documentation:

# mount -t debugfs none_debugs /sys/kernel/debug
#

The kernel documentation is outdated:

# ls /sys/kernel/debug/usbmon
0s 0u 1s 1t 1u 2s 2t 2u 3s 3t 3u 4s 4t 4u
#

The directory is:
# ls /sys/kernel/debug/usb/usbmon
0s 0u 1s 1t 1u 2s 2t 2u

This has already been corrected in the 2.6.32-rc kernels.
Great to hear, I will try the latest 2.6.31-rcX kernel!
Disregard this ^

Misread, thought you meant the bug was fixed in the latest kernel but saw
your follow-up that this appears to be nut-related.

Justin.