PROBLEM: Microphone on Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision outputs clicks

From: Sam (Bren) & Dawn Colegrove
Date: Mon Oct 19 2009 - 08:52:57 EST

Hi,
I am very pleased with the progress of the Linux Kernel. However for some time now I have been having trouble with the sound from my Web Cam microphone when using Skype. This problem also exists with Audacity and therefore seems to be a kernel related problem. I have attached a document that details all the information that I think you will need. I have also attached a sound file from Audacity that illustrates the problem.

I hope that what I have supplied helps clarify my problem and show where the problem could be.

All the Best

Sam Colegrove