Re: Intel DP55KG BIOS Bug (reboot hangs, is Intel aware of theproblem?)

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Thu Oct 15 2009 - 17:03:12 EST

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

On 10/14/2009 03:02 PM, Justin Piszcz wrote:
Hi,

I have tried the following kernel parameters with '*' and reboot=b,
reboot=h and reboot=s.

reboot=t (triple), reboot=p (pci) and reboot=a (acpi) would be useful to
test, too.

-hpa

Thanks,

I find it kind of funny I tried the 4-5 options that didn't work first, bad luck?

Here is what worked and what did not and what I ended up using:

reboot=a * SUCCESS
reboot=b * FAIL
reboot=cold * FAIL
reboot=efi * FAIL
reboot=force * FAIL
reboot=h * FAIL
reboot=p * SUCCESS
reboot=s * FAIL
reboot=t * SUCCESS
reboot=warm * FAIL

I am using reboot=a for now, until INTEL releases a BIOS fix for this bug.

From Bryan:

Try each of the following in the reboot= parameter: acpi, smp (32-bit
only), triple, efi, pci, warm, cold, force If one of them works, report it, along with the output from dmidecode and lspci -nn, so a workaround
entry can be added.

dmidecode & lspci below--

http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/20091015/dmidecode.txt
http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/20091015/lspci-nn.txt