Re: Tips for module_init() dependencies

From: Daniel Walker
Date: Thu Oct 15 2009 - 12:15:02 EST

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 11:58 -0400, Gregory Haskins wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Possibly.
>
> A) Any suggestions on how? Can I express this in Kconfig or something
> (i.e. "depends on FOO"). I currently have "select FOO" in the BAR
> object, but this doesn't seem to be sufficient to describe the relationship.
>
> B) Do I have to make the entire chain follow suit? (I have C deps on B,
> B deps on A kind of scenarios)

Yeah, what Randy said .. As far as I know it should be just a build
order issue .. In the make file when you specify your new module along
with all the others where you put it is actually important .. In
fs/Makefile you have this line,

obj-$(CONFIG_CONFIGFS_FS) += configfs/

and I would guess you want yours after that line if your adding to that
makefile.

Daniel