Re: WARNING: at lib/kref.c:43 kref_get+0x18/0x20()

From: Alan Cox
Date: Thu Oct 15 2009 - 07:47:05 EST

> I know there have been many changes to the serial/tty stuff recently. I think
> this is not a driver but kernel issue so I thought I'd bring it up here in hope
> to find out for sure.

Its probably a combination of the two. While digi persist in keeping
their stuff out of tree its always going to lag and not get fixed in
parallel or even considered during tty reworking.

First guess would be that the driver has paths that free a tty kref but
don't take it (ie unbalanced counts) second that may be it can't cope
with the changes caused by the switches to refcounting throughout the tty
code.

One for Digi to answer given they insist on keeping it out of tree.