perf report fractal output issue

From: Anton Blanchard
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 19:04:05 EST

Hi,

I noticed a problem where I wasn't always getting callchains:

# perf report
98.47% lock1_processes [kernel] [k] .lock_kernel

0.91% lock1_processes [kernel] [k] .fput

But a flat output confirmed the data is there:

# perf report -g flat
98.47% lock1_processes [kernel] [k] .lock_kernel
98.47%
.lock_kernel
.__posix_lock_file
(nil)
.fcntl_setlk
.sys_fcntl
syscall_exit
0xfffb7d04844
.testcase
.testcase
.affinitize
.new_task
.main
0xfffb7c4933c
0xfffb7c4955c
(nil)

It looks like callchain__fprintf_graph() only prints the callchain if we
have at least one rb entry at the top. In my case all the associated
backtraces are identical so I assume we dont have to do any splitting.

Anton