Re: [Bug #14388] keyboard under X with 2.6.31

From: Paul Fulghum
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 11:32:18 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:
> No, the code was clearly _designed_ for it - that's the whole and only
> point of the
>
> tty->buf.head = NULL;

I don't know about the original flush_to_ldisc, but
I designed the above code to protect against parallel calls
knowing I could not hold a spinlock when calling receive_buf.

TTY_FLUSHING came later. The problem associated
with that addition proves my code is obscure enough to make
maintenance difficult. I got confused reviewing my own code
yesterday.

Boo hoo, live and learn.

--
Paul Fulghum