[BUG] perf top shows no data

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 11:04:54 EST

Hi Ingo,

I have a box where "perf top" shows no data. I get the header, but it
never shows anything. I bisected it down to this commit.

42e59d7d19dc4b49feab2a860fd9a8ca3248c833
perf tools: Default to 1 KHz auto-sampling freq events

Which, besides the whitespace clean ups is simply:

-static int freq = 0;
+static int freq = 1000; /* 1 KHz */

Which, BTW, whitespace clean ups would have been nicer in a separate
patch. It was a bit of a PITA to find what actually changed.

Peter tells me that the freq stuff is a bit fragile. Note, latest pref
top works on other boxes. Just not this one.

-- Steve