Re: [Bug #14388] keyboard under X with 2.6.31

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 17:04:02 EST

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Anyway, I'm not entirely happy with this patch, and I haven't actually
> TESTED it so it might well be totally broken [..]

It is.

Looking over the patch a bit more, at a minimum that

if (test_and_set_bit(TTY_FLUSHING, &tty->flags)) {

line should be

if (!test_and_set_bit(TTY_FLUSHING, &tty->flags)) {

(ie add the '!') since we want to do things if the bit wasn't set before
(and if it was already set it all turns into a no-op).

But apart from that obvious typo, the patch still looks good even after
looking it through a bit more. It's still TOTALLY UNTESTED, though!

Linus