Re: pci-express hotplug

From: Alex Chiang
Date: Mon Oct 12 2009 - 17:50:09 EST

This isn't just a benign message. It means the OS asked to take
over control of the slots and firmware really did say, "nope,
sorry".

Which means that this:

> On Mon, Oct 12 2009, Mark Lord wrote:
> > Tried this yet:
> >
> > options pciehp pciehp_force=1

Is generally a bad idea.

Don't do it unless you really know your platform well.

> >> I should have mentioned that I tried that too. It doesn't
> >> complain, but I don't see my cards anywhere afterwards. I'm
> >> a hotplug newbie, do I need to do anything else?

Can you modprobe acpiphp with debug=1? And send the output?

Thanks.

/ac