Re: [rfc][patch] store-free path walking

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Mon Oct 12 2009 - 07:02:13 EST

On Mon, Oct 12 2009, Jens Axboe wrote:
> > Anyway, if you do get a chance to run dbench with this
> > modification, I would appreciate seeing a profile with clal
> > traces (my bigger system is ia64 which doesn't do perf yet).
>
> For what number of clients?

Attached are call graphs for 8 and 32 clients, with your latest patch
applied. At 8 clients, we're already at 80% spinlock time. While running
the 32 client record, I wanted to open a file in the tmpfs mount where
dbench was running. bash was spinning until dbench completed.

At 32 clients, throughput is 75% of the 8 client case. And spinlock time
there is at 90%.

I have attached both outputs.

--
Jens Axboe