Re: sata_mv 0000:03:06.0: PCI ERROR; PCI IRQ cause=0x30000040

From: Harri Olin
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 17:52:44 EST

Bernie Innocenti kirjoitti:
El Tue, 06-10-2009 a las 14:04 -0400, Bernie Innocenti escribió:
I have heard same thing happened with same kind of configuration, using Supermicro H8DME-2 motherboard, Opteron 2378 CPU.

Even the controllers were on same slots.
Close. Mine is a Supermicro H8DM8-2 with 2x Opteron 2374 HE CPU.

I was wrong (the BIOS DMI block is wrong). The motherboard is labeled
as H8DME-2.

H8DME-2 is the same board as H8DM8-2, just without scsi controller.

There is 2 3-pin jumpers somewhere between pci-x slots, one for each bus. With these you can force the bus to 66MHz PCI or 66MHz PCI-X. Without jumper means autodetect. Note that this information is only from manual, haven't been able to confirm what it really does :)

Oh and on the other identical case, I heard that moving other controller to different bus (1st controller in top slot and 2nd controller in 2nd slot from bottom) resolved the issue, or at least it has not error'd yet.

--
Harri.