Re: [GIT PULL] SCSI fixes for 2.6.32-rc3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 17:15:34 EST

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Theodore Tso wrote:

> So would it be acceptable to merge the 50 kloc of crap _during_ the
> merge window?

Yes. I actually looked at the driver (since I had pulled it - I've
unpulled it but am still mulling it over), and while I think it looked
huge and overly complex, it by no means gave me the kinds of vibes I get
from some "obviously-ported-from-windows-with-no-clue" drivers.

So at least from my quick look I didn't get the feeling that the driver
was "evil". For me, it's a timing issue. I hate getting big pull requests
after -rc1 is out, and I really don't like the feeling that people are
just ignoring the merge window.

That said, if somebody wants to look more closely at the driver, and then
wants to convince people that it should have gone through "staging", feel
free. But that's not what I've personally been arguing about.

Linus