Re: [GIT PULL] SCSI fixes for 2.6.32-rc3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 16:02:48 EST

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> What part of "sure, I'll take new drivers after the merge window, but COME
> &*^@ ON!" do you have trouble understanding?

Put another way: look at the drivers/staging tree. Look at when it gets
merged. Do this:

git diff --stat v2.6.31-rc1..v2.6.31 drivers/staging/

and then do this:

git diff --stat v2.6.30..v2.6.31-rc1 drivers/staging/

adn thing about the fact that they are _all_ "new drivers". Then consider
the issue of "merge window" vs "not merge window".

It really boils down to the fact that I'm perfectly happy to let new
drivers slip in after the merge window in order to help end users. But
really - there has to be a limit to it. Not just anything.

It has to help end users, and dammit, you have to admit that 50 kloc is
damn well not just "another random driver".

Linus