Re: [GIT PULL] SCSI fixes for 2.6.32-rc3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 10:56:33 EST

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I'm taking it (and the parisc one I was also unhappy with)

Actually, looking at it again, I'm wavering.

That BFA driver isn't a "driver". It's a huge subsystem of it's own. It's
almost 50 _thousand_ lines of code for just a single "driver", and for
rare hardware at that.

Quite frankly, the "bang per line" is almost zero.

What the ^&@* is wrong with "enterprise SCSI" people? The amount of crazy
is overwhelming.

So I've pulled it, but I'm still considering just unpulling it. That
driver is _not_ "just a driver". It's something more. Something dank and
smelly, that has grown in dark and forbidding places.

The whole crazy "high end SCSI" industry needs a f*cking exorcism.

Even if I don't unpull, I don't _ever_ want to see a driver like this
outside the merge window. And dammit, James, you should have realized
that.

Linus