Re: sony-laptop platform driver

From: tsuraan
Date: Fri Sep 11 2009 - 23:14:32 EST

> The interface used for that isn't sony-specific, so sony-laptop is the
> wrong place to put it. I've just submitted a patch to the nouveau
> developers.

In my case, I never want the nvidia card to be running. Would I load
the nouveau driver for the sole purpose of shutting down the card? I
don't want X to be using nouveau; it uses my intel card without any
problems, and with a small fraction of the power consumption. Does
nouveau work without X? I'm not familiar with how it is split between
user and kernel space.