Re: Wierdness - linux-next KVM patch breaks Dell Latitude D820, KVMnot in kernel

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Wed Sep 09 2009 - 10:25:32 EST

On 09/08/2009 10:41 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:

Yeah, I was quite confused by the bisect results as well, I may end up
re-doing it just to make sure I didn't screw something up along the way (since
I started it with -rc7/HEAD as the good/bad, but most of the resulting
kernels reported a pre-rc7 release (a 2.6.28 at one point, IIRC, and it
finished at 31-rc2.

This is normal, if a branch based on 2.6.28 was merged into 2.6.31-rc a bisect may detour through that branch and generate that version.