Re: BFS vs. mainline scheduler benchmarks and measurements

From: Nikos Chantziaras
Date: Tue Sep 08 2009 - 15:07:12 EST

On 09/08/2009 02:35 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:

* Nikos Chantziaras<realnc@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...] That would mean that you (or anyone else with an interest of
tracking this down) would follow the examples given (by me and
others, like enabling desktop compositing, firing up mplayer with
a video and generally reproducing this using the quite detailed
steps I posted as a recipe).

Could you follow up on Frederic's detailed tracing suggestions that
would give us the source of the latency?

I've set it up and ran the tests now.

( Also, as per lkml etiquette, please try to keep the Cc: list
intact when replying to emails. I missed your first reply
that you un-Cc:-ed. )

Sorry for that.

A quick look at the latencytop output suggests a scheduling latency.
Could you send me the kernel .config that you are using?

That would be this one:

http://foss.math.aegean.gr/~realnc/kernel/config-2.6.31-rc9