Re: Regarding dm-ioband tests

From: Dhaval Giani
Date: Tue Sep 08 2009 - 13:07:54 EST

> > - dm-ioband can use without cgroup. (I remember Vivek said it's not an
> > advantage.)
>
> I think this is more of a disadvantage than advantage. We have a very well
> defined functionality of cgroup in kernel to group the tasks. Now you are
> coming up with your own method of grouping the tasks which will make life
> even more confusing for users and application writers.

I would tend to agree with this. With other resource management
controllers using cgroups, having dm-ioband use something different will
require a different set of userspace tools/libraries to be used.
Something that will severly limit its usefulness froma programmer's
perspective.

thanks,
--
regards,