Re: [patch 08/33] fs: dcache scale nr_dentry

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Mon Sep 07 2009 - 03:36:45 EST

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 07:41:02AM -0700, Daniel Walker wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 16:51 +1000, npiggin@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > plain text document attachment (fs-dcache-scale-nr_dentry.patch)
> > Make dentry_stat_t.nr_dentry an atomic_t type, and move it from under
> > dcache_lock.
> > ---
> > fs/dcache.c | 20 +++++++++-----------
> > include/linux/dcache.h | 4 ++--
> > kernel/sysctl.c | 6 ++++++
> > 3 files changed, 17 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)
> >

> No sign off on this one..

Ah, yeah... They're not really signoffable quality. Even a bit too
raw (not enough comments) for detailed review. I just want to get
the high level design out there again for comments because it is a
really big time investment to go further...

Just want to see if I make anyone upset or there are some bright
ideas of how to improve things :)