Re: Student Project Idea

From: James Morris
Date: Wed Aug 26 2009 - 21:10:02 EST

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Satyam Shekhar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a final year undergrad student at the Indian Institute of
> Technology, Guwahati, India. I have my B.Tech project starting this
> semester. I have a keen interest in kernel development and am looking
> for topics for the project.
>
> I would be highly grateful if you could give me some suggestions or
> ideas to work on in this regard.

Get involved in the Kernel Newbies project:
http://kernelnewbies.org/

There's more than enough information and support there to help you get
started and find something interesting to work on.

Kernel hacking is where it's at, don't listen to naysayers :-)

Here's some slides from a talk I gave on this topic at foss.in a couple of
years back:

http://namei.org/presentations/fossin2007-kernel-hacking.pdf

- James