Re: PROBLEM: Epoll frequently fails to notify connects at connect bursts

From: Will Brown
Date: Wed Aug 26 2009 - 05:15:22 EST

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 3:24 AM, Davide Libenzi<davidel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, Davide Libenzi wrote:
>
>> Multiple quasi-simultaneous events for the same fd are merged. This is why
>> on POLLIN on accepting sockets you want to do something like:
>>
>>       while ((afd = accept(sfd, ...)) != -1)
>>               add_client(afd);
>
> Of course, with  sfd  in non-blocking mode. Alternatively, you drop EPOLLET
> for the  sfd  socket.

Aha! Thank you immensely Davide. It cost me one week of frustration already.

1. Where should I have picked up this gem of essential information? I
haven't seen it in the man-pages for either 'epoll' or 'accept'.

2. Is it better to use a level-triggered listener socket, or to use
the accept-loop?

Thanks a million,
Will