Re: ARM subarch submissions for next merge window

From: Bill Gatliff
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 15:49:14 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Kevin Hilman wrote:
After some discussions on linux-arm-kernel during the last merge
window, a suggestion from Alan Cox[1], and a willingness to try it
from Russell[2], some ARM subarch maintainers would like to push our
platform-specific code directly to you for the next merge window.

How do you define "subarch maintainer"? If I have a new platform port, but am heretofore unknown to linux-arm-kernel, do I still send a pull request to Linus directly? Or are the subarch maintainers the guys like Russell, Nico, Tony, etc. and _they_ are the ones that get to send pull requests directly to the Benevolent Dictator for Life?

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx