Kernel stops booting.

From: William Thompson
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 14:35:26 EST

Please keep me in CC. I'm not on the list.

I have a computer which is not booting all the way. The kernel is v2.6.27.
Last 3 lines:
ENABLING IO-APIC IRQs
.. TIMER: vector=0x31 apic1=0 pin1=2 apic2=-1 pin2=-1
CPU0: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.00GHz stepping 09

The CPU0 line is where it hangs. I'm sure it's a hardware problem as
ubuntu's live cd doesn't work either. I just wondered if anyone could give
me some clue as to what the problem may be.

Please keep me in CC. I'm not on the list.